The project involved the complete internal refurbishment and a subterranean development, including a new lift shaft structure designed as a side extension to a 20,000 sqft Grade-II listed Kensington residence in London.
The house was built in the Edwardian era and was used as an embassy. Following an unsympathetic 1920’s sub-division of rooms, our aim was to reinstate the original plan form as far as practical.
The new Ionic porch and side extension were designed within the spirit of the original elevation, in line with porches of adjoining buildings and constructed in Portland stone.
The interiors of the house were designed in conjunction with the New York based Interior Designer, Peter Marino.